At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of choice in South Jersey.
Job Description: Advanced Practice Provider (APP), Cooper University Health Care
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is licensed, registered and has completed specialized graduate or doctoral education, and is nationally certified to provide health and medical care for diverse populations in a variety of settings.
Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Functions
• The Advanced Practice Nurse will function within the scope of practice as defined by the state nurses practice act, delineation of privileges set forth by the practice setting and the American Nurses’ Association Code of Ethics. The advanced practice nurse utilizes the scientific process and national standards of care as a framework for managing patient care.
• The Physician Assistant will function within the scope of practice as defined by the supervising physician
• As licensed independent providers, APPs practice autonomously and/or in consultation with a collaborating/supervising physician and other health care professionals to assess, diagnose, treat and manage patients’ health problems/needs.
• The APP will perform a patient history and physical examination to determine a working differential diagnosis and develop an individualized plan of care.
• Services include, but are not limited to ordering, performing, supervising, and interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests, and prescription of pharmacologic agents and non-pharmacologic therapies.
• The APP may provide therapeutic measures as appropriate and provide teaching, education and counseling to individuals, families and groups.
• For uncommon or unstable conditions, the APP will formulate diagnoses in consultation with his/her collaborating/supervising physician and either refer to a specialist or participate in the dual management and treatment with his/her collaborating/supervising physician.
• In addition to diagnosing and managing acute and chronic illnesses, APPs will emphasize health promotion and disease prevention
• APPs will serve as health care researchers, professional educators, interdisciplinary consultants and patient advocates.
• Prescriptions may be provided by the APP, where clinically indicated, and shall be in accordance with the current APP prescribing guidelines and in accordance with state and federal law. Proper documentation of medications prescribed, and refills authorized, will be reflected in the patient’s chart.
• The APP will stay current with medical trends and provide evidence-based practice medicine by completing the required continuing education as mandated by certifying organizations.
• The autonomous nature of the APP requires accountability for healthcare outcomes. Insuring the highest quality of care requires national certification, periodic peer review, clinical outcome evaluations, adherence to the code for ethical practice, evidence of continuing professional development and maintenance of clinical skills.
Education: MSN Required, Current NJ Advanced Practice Nursing (APN) License
Certifications Required: Board Certification as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) Certification, Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Schedule Days/Hours: Part Time (20 hours weekly) Sun-Sat; rotating shifts