At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of choice in South Jersey.
Team of 70 Full Time CRNA’s work in collaborative practice with Anesthesiologists to:
• Developing and implementing an anesthetic plan.
• Selecting and initiate planned anesthetic technique (general, regional, local anesthesia and intravenous sedation).
• Selecting, obtaining, or administering the anesthetics, accessory drugs, and fluids necessary to manage & maintain physiologic homeostasis, and to correct abnormal responses to the anesthesia/ surgery.
• Selecting, applying, or inserting appropriate noninvasive and invasive monitoring modalities for collecting and interpreting patient physiological data.
• Managing patient's airway and pulmonary status (endotracheal intubation, mechanical ventilation, pharmacological support, respiratory therapy & extubation).
• Managing emergence and recovery from anesthesia.
• Provide relief from pain and anesthesia side effects, or to prevent or manage complications.
• Ordering, initiating or modifying pain relief therapy, through the utilization of drugs, regional anesthetic techniques, or other accepted pain relief modalities.
• Responding to Codes & Trauma Alerts by providing airway management, administration of emergency fluids or drugs, or using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
Anesthetic Locations covered: 30-bed Main Operating Room with 75-90 average daily caseload, 9 outside sites (OB, GI, EP Lab, Neuro Interventional, Bronchial, Pain, IR, MRI, PAT Clinic, and Trauma Alert responses), 4 –rooms at Cooper Digestive Health Center in Mt. Laurel & 5-rooms at Cooper Surgery Center in Voorhees.
Opportunities for professional career development: participation in QA, PI Committee, M&M, Cost Savings Initiatives, Regulatory Compliance, Survey Readiness, and Education.
Education: MSN or DNP in Nurse Anesthesia is required
Certification: ACLS Preferred; BLS is required
License: New Jersey APN & RN is required
Scheduled Days / Hours: Full time; Multiple shifts available