At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of choice in South Jersey.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), assists with patients’ activities of daily living and plan of care.
Communicates with and supports healthcare team, patients and/or patient’s family or significant other(s).
Maintains and demonstrates high standards of professional ethics.
1. Supports the activities of daily living to include bathing, dressing, grooming, oral care, feeding, toileting/hygiene, and assisting with mobility and transport. Demonstrates standard precautions including the care of patients in isolation and safe patient practice.
2. Performs technical duties as directed by RN, such as phlebotomy, vital signs, point of care testing, EKGs, Foley catheter care specific to population served and documents appropriately.
3. Identifies and communicates changes in patient’s status to RN and responds appropriately. Demonstrates standard precautions including the care of patients in isolation and safe patient practice.
4. Reinforces education of patient and family/responsible party regarding individual care needs and safety issues.
5. Participates in Cooper patient satisfaction initiatives and goals. Participates in the performance improvement activities. Assists in orientation of new hires.
6. Completes annual unit-specific competencies by specified due date.
7. Attends Staff Meetings when available for documents review of staff meeting minutes.
8. Assists in admission, transfers and discharges of patients to and from the unit
0-2 years experience preferred
High School / GED
At least one of the above qualifications/certifications must be met for hire.
AHA Basic Life Support certification - required
Scheduled days/hours: part time nights, 24 hours a week
Software Powered by iCIMS