The Registered RN is a professional care-giver who, as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team, assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and who supervises and provides care to these patients utilizing the nursing process including the therapeutic use of self.
- Follows established policies and procedures.
- Communicates openly with internal customers and supervisors.
- Provides excellent customer service interfacing well with all levels of staff, management and physicians.
- Applies Cooper core values.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated timeframe.
- Evaluates patients, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications utilizing the nursing process.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.