Click Column Header to Sort
Advanced Practice Provider opportunity – Outpatient Neurology at Inspira Health Network as part of Cooper & Inspira Neurosciences
Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Advance Practice Nurse) for NEUROLOGY OUTPATIENT
Applicant should be a board-certified Physician Assistant or Advance Nurse Practitioner. Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Neurosurgery or Neurology to meet the needs of this complex patient cohort. The APP will provide comprehensive outpatient care to new, established, hospital follow ups/post-ops and Telemed patients. The provider should be comfortable with reviewing imaging. This outpatient position does not involve hospital coverage or in house call.
Carries out procedures for department functions, including, but not limited to:
- Washing, inspecting, packaging, and sterilizing instruments/equipment.
- Maintaining accurate monitoring records.
- Using and interpreting chemical and biological indicators.
- Performs appropriate cleaning of all sterilization equipment.
- Assisting OR personnel in locating/reprocessing instruments.
- Participating in performance improvement activities.
- Follows established policies & procedures.
- Communicates openly with internal customers and supervisors.
- Provides excellent customer service interfacing well with all levels of staff, management and physicians.
The Patient Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Patient Safety Manager and Assistant Vice President of Patient Safety & Regulatory with coordination of an organization wide patient safety program and all activities related to CUH Patient Safety Plan.
Join an administrative team that supports Cooper’s large Department of Hospital Medicine. The position primary provides administrative and clerical support. Strong computer (Microsoft Office) & communications skills are a must. Basic analytical support plus database creation and maintenance will be required. Extreme attention to detail & multi-tasking necessary. Proficiency/Experience with hospital systems preferred.
The trained Surgical technologist, under the direct supervision of the Registered Professional Nurse and/or physician, is assigned as an assistant to specific service areas in the Surgical Suite.
Job Description: Advanced Practice Provider (APP), Cooper University Health Care - FULL TIME - MOORESTOWN
The Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) will assume responsibility for advanced nursing practice within a clinical specialty. In consultation with other members of the health care team, strengthens nursing practice and promotes positive patient outcomes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of patients, staff and patient education, and research. Serve as a significant member of the multidisciplinary health care team in the inpatient, outpatient and community settings.
- Proficient in patient scheduling, professional telephone etiquette and customer satisfaction in support of the mission of CUH.
- Surgical scheduler duties involve scheduling for hospital outpatient based services, changing, and canceling appointments, to include other administrative duties as assigned.
- Interface as a direct liaison with patients and clinical staff at procedural locations to communicate patient results and scheduling needs.
- Support checkout at Gastroenterology’s ambulatory office, scheduling patients for procedures after office visits.
- Provide accurate, detailed information to patients regarding test results and work with patients to reschedule procedures as needed.
- Take appropriate action in responding to questions from patients.
- Answer incoming calls, directing calls to the correct party, checking voicemails, and returning missed for scheduling requests.
- Responsible for the integrity of pre-registration to include accurate health care coverage(s).
- Escalate operational, provider, or patient complaints along with other critical matters to leadership.
- Knowledge of medical insurance and billing processes.
- Must work well in stressful situations and display a high degree of efficiency at all times.
- Strong emphasis on customer service.
Assume responsibility of the Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nursing Practitioner) and provides quality care to surgery patients across the continuum in collaboration with physicians, nursing staff and other members of the care team. Functions as a clinician, educator and researcher in the outpatient and inpatient settings. Serve as a significant member of the multidisciplinary health care team in the inpatient, outpatient and community settings.
Specific job descriptions will be based on surgical division needs and candidate experience.
Team of 70 Full Time CRNA’s work in collaborative practice with Anesthesiologists to:
• Developing and implementing an anesthetic plan.
• Selecting and initiate planned anesthetic technique (general, regional, local anesthesia and intravenous sedation).
• Selecting, obtaining, or administering the anesthetics, accessory drugs, and fluids necessary to manage & maintain physiologic homeostasis, and to correct abnormal responses to the anesthesia/ surgery.
• Selecting, applying, or inserting appropriate noninvasive and invasive monitoring modalities for collecting and interpreting patient physiological data.
• Managing patient's airway and pulmonary status (endotracheal intubation, mechanical ventilation, pharmacological support, respiratory therapy & extubation).
• Managing emergence and recovery from anesthesia.
• Provide relief from pain and anesthesia side effects, or to prevent or manage complications.
• Ordering, initiating or modifying pain relief therapy, through the utilization of drugs, regional anesthetic techniques, or other accepted pain relief modalities.
• Responding to Codes & Trauma Alerts by providing airway management, administration of emergency fluids or drugs, or using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
Anesthetic Locations covered: 30-bed Main Operating Room with 75-90 average daily caseload, 9 outside sites (OB, GI, EP Lab, Neuro Interventional, Bronchial, Pain, IR, MRI, PAT Clinic, and Trauma Alert responses), 4 –rooms at Cooper Digestive Health Center in Mt. Laurel & 5-rooms at Cooper Surgery Center in Voorhees.
Opportunities for professional career development: participation in QA, PI Committee, M&M, Cost Savings Initiatives, Regulatory Compliance, Survey Readiness, and Education.
Provide high quality, efficient medical care to patients in the Neuro Critical Care Unit and serve as a Lead Advanced Practice Provider in collaboration with other medical personnel.
Responsible for general oversight of the inpatient Neuroscience Advance Practice Providers; including education, communication, quality initiatives and scheduling of staff.