Click Column Header to Sort
- Responsible for maintaining Charge/Account review workqueue to the productivity and quality standards set by management. Validate vendor/internal charging or coding recommendations and work with billing and AR follow-up to ensure correct outcome
- Implements charge, coding, workflow corrections based on root cause analysis. Helps facilitate report creation to quantify organizational impact. Partnering with Chargemaster analyst to implement coding/ charge corrections.
- Based on charge maintenance volume this candidate may be asked to act as a backup to the Chargemaster analyst. Helps to conduct education to various departments regarding charging, coding, and billing errors that are identified.
- Capable of using spreadsheets, various billing and clinical source documents, Epic system, and other analytic tools to prepare and present investigative results. Stay up to date with industry standards involving coding and billing requirements to ensure compliance with all governmental and contractual obligations.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of communications, tip sheets, reports, and records while ensuring confidentiality of financial and medical records
Code all diagnoses and procedures documented in the medicalrecord for the current encounter. Enter all code information in the HealthQuest system for facility coding in a timely manner. Adhere to compliance regulations set by government, state, & the Cooper Health System to ensure guidelines are met.
Abillity to work independently and prioritize incoming audits with regards to entering into Audit Detail Manager System (ADM)
Support Audit Coordinator with appropriately statusing and closing audits in Audit Detail Manager (ADM)
Follow up with various internal depeatments (Care Coordination, HIM) on audits. Assisting with writing and submission of basic payer appeal, including review and submission of supporting documentation and regulations.
Responsible for supporting the ED clinical team in provision of patient care. This includes environmental readiness, assistance with procedures/care, carrying out specific duties, and effective communication. Support departmental initiatives including but not limited to patient throughput and customer service initiatives.
Accurately and timely prepares and dispenses all chemotherapy medications, including IV medications, under the direct supervision of the pharmacist as per policy and regulation.
Ensures all medications are properly delivered and charged.
- Gain hands-on experience in study design and execution by initiating new studies and continuing existing projects
- Regularly scheduled research meetings for mentorship and guidance
- Direct mentorship by faculty members
- Expect to co-author multiple papers
- Collaborative work with other residents & medical students
- Collaborate with other departments and institutions
- Able to attend Cooper’s dermatology conferences, such as Grand Rounds
- Learn to prepare and apply for grants
- Paid fellowship
Cooper Hospital/ Rowan University’s Dermatologic Surgery center manages more than 2000 skin cancers per year and is very active in clinical research. We are currently participating in a number of multicenter trials. The Division is very active in cancer, reconstruction, and cosmetic dermatologic research.
- Assist in the recruitment of research participants
- Help consent and enroll research participants
- Assisting with data collection
- Prepare and maintain study records
- Drafting and maintaining IRB protocols
- Assist with data cleaning, analysis, interpretation, and publication
- Coordinates processing of data, conduct of experimental tests and procedures
- Ensures that information is entered correctly into databases
- Assists study Principal Investigator in reviewing, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing, formatting, editing & preparing tables, charts, graphs, progress & final reports, etc.
This position primarily provides administrative and clerical support for the Clinical Leaders of the hospitalist and critical care programs at Inspira Vineland/Mullica Hill campus’. Liaison for physicians and patients and supports post discharge follow up Support the organizational initiatives by helping with patient distribution, onboarding/credentialing new physicians, patient satisfaction and managing census/physician staffing. Strong communication skills necessary and must be detail oriented. Must support the culture of respect and professionalism.
Administrative Team duties for the department
Patient list distribution
Responsible for credentialing and on-boarding new providers
Responsible to support various Department of Hospital Medicine Committees (schedule meetings, meeting minutes)
Responsible for daily volume reports
Documentation of providers schedules
Responsible for department phones
Responsible to order supplies
Responsible to for post-discharge calls to patients
Job Description: Advanced Practice Provider (APP), Cooper University Health Care
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is licensed, registered and has completed specialized graduate or doctoral education, and is nationally certified to provide health and medical care for diverse populations in a variety of settings.
Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Functions
• The Advanced Practice Nurse will function within the scope of practice as defined by the state nurses practice act, delineation of privileges set forth by the practice setting and the American Nurses’ Association Code of Ethics. The advanced practice nurse utilizes the scientific process and national standards of care as a framework for managing patient care.
• The Physician Assistant will function within the scope of practice as defined by the supervising physician
• As licensed independent providers, APPs practice autonomously and/or in consultation with a collaborating/supervising physician and other health care professionals to assess, diagnose, treat and manage patients’ health problems/needs.
• The APP will perform a patient history and physical examination to determine a working differential diagnosis and develop an individualized plan of care.
• Services include, but are not limited to ordering, performing, supervising, and interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests, and prescription of pharmacologic agents and non-pharmacologic therapies.
• The APP may provide therapeutic measures as appropriate and provide teaching, education and counseling to individuals, families and groups.
• For uncommon or unstable conditions, the APP will formulate diagnoses in consultation with his/her collaborating/supervising physician and either refer to a specialist or participate in the dual management and treatment with his/her collaborating/supervising physician.
• In addition to diagnosing and managing acute and chronic illnesses, APPs will emphasize health promotion and disease prevention
• APPs will serve as health care researchers, professional educators, interdisciplinary consultants and patient advocates.
• Prescriptions may be provided by the APP, where clinically indicated, and shall be in accordance with the current APP prescribing guidelines and in accordance with state and federal law. Proper documentation of medications prescribed, and refills authorized, will be reflected in the patient’s chart.
• The APP will stay current with medical trends and provide evidence-based practice medicine by completing the required continuing education as mandated by certifying organizations.
• The autonomous nature of the APP requires accountability for healthcare outcomes. Insuring the highest quality of care requires national certification, periodic peer review, clinical outcome evaluations, adherence to the code for ethical practice, evidence of continuing professional development and maintenance of clinical skills.
The Outpatient Social Worker is responsible for coordinating the complex discharge planning needs of patients and families, as well as to provide supportive counseling, psychosocial assessment and interventions for patients with complex psychiatric, social, medical, and financial needs in the inpatient setting. The Social Worker also assists the interdisciplinary team in order to help the patient and families cope with hospitalization, illness, diagnoses, treatment, and other issues as they prevent a barrier to efficient patient throughput and quality outcomes.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred but not required.
Perform various laundry, patient transport, and environmental duties throughout the hospital. Performs specific cleaning duties to maintain a clean and aseptic environment. Transports patients throughout the facility in a professional, courteous and timely manner. Performs laundering and related assignments necessary to the collection, processing and distribution of linen throughout the system. Keeps waiting rooms, lounges, and staff areas tidy. High School diploma or equivalent required.