Click Column Header to Sort
Ensure a safe environment for patients, visitors and employees as well as protect and preserve property interests of the Cooper Health System.
Demonstrates knowledge of the proper application of aseptic techniques in dressing
change and removal of sutures or staples.
Efficiently and effectively assists with the application and/or removal of plaster/fiberglass
casts, sutures, clips, pins or other Orthopaedic devices or equipment.
Articulates descriptions of Orthopaedic conditions based upon a basic understanding of
anatomical structures and their relationship with one another.
Assists with wound care and dressing changes as directed by physician.
Provides hospital support to the Orthopaedic physicians and providers to include operating
room assistance and direct patient care on the units.
This APP will support our Advanced Heart Failure program. The APP would function at top of license in both the hospital and ambulatory setting to support the growth, maintain access and continue to facilitate excellent quality. They will participate in inpatient consultations, outpatient appointments, patient calls, prescriptions, triage, on-call duties, transitions of care coordination, and any other relevant work needed to support the program.
Inpatient consultations, outpatient appointments, patient calls, prescriptions, triage, on-call duties, transitions of care coordination, and any other relevant work needed to support the program.
Assist with the overall growth and development of the advanced heart failure program, including coordination, education, and team facilitation.
Responsibilities will include both inpatient and outpatient care for patients with advanced heart failure.
As the role develops there may require on-call coverage (nights, weekends, holidays).
Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Functions
• The Advanced Practice Nurse will function within the scope of practice as defined by the state nurses practice act, delineation of privileges set forth by the practice setting and the American Nurses’ Association Code of Ethics. The advanced practice nurse utilizes the scientific process and national standards of care as a framework for managing patient care.
• The Physician Assistant will function within the scope of practice as defined by the supervising physician
• As licensed independent providers, APPs practice autonomously and/or in consultation with a collaborating/supervising physician and other health care professionals to assess, diagnose, treat and manage patients’ health problems/needs.
• The APP will perform a patient history and physical examination to determine a working differential diagnosis and develop an individualized plan of care.
• Services include, but are not limited to ordering, performing, supervising, and interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests, and prescription of pharmacologic agents and non-pharmacologic therapies.
• The APP may provide therapeutic measures as appropriate and provide teaching, education and counseling to individuals, families and groups.
• For uncommon or unstable conditions, the APP will formulate diagnoses in consultation with his/her collaborating/supervising physician and either refer to a specialist or participate in the dual management and treatment with his/her collaborating/supervising physician.
• In addition to diagnosing and managing acute and chronic illnesses, APPs will emphasize health promotion and disease prevention
• APPs will serve as health care researchers, professional educators, interdisciplinary consultants and patient advocates.
• Prescriptions may be provided by the APP, where clinically indicated, and shall be in accordance with the current APP prescribing guidelines and in accordance with state and federal law. Proper documentation of medications prescribed, and refills authorized, will be reflected in the patient’s chart.
• The APP will stay current with medical trends and provide evidence-based practice medicine by completing the required continuing education as mandated by certifying organizations.
• The autonomous nature of the APP requires accountability for healthcare outcomes. Insuring the highest quality of care requires national certification, periodic peer review, clinical outcome evaluations, adherence to the code for ethical practice, evidence of continuing professional development and maintenance of clinical skills.
Accurately validates prior-to-admission medication lists and takes medication & allergy history from patients.
Contacts outpatient entities as needed for additional patient medication information.
Communicates information to health care team.
Documents/corrects information in patient medication list in EPIC.
Responsible for the medical nutrition therapy of patient/residents; nutritional assessment, nutrition care plans, patient visitation, inpatient/outpatient diet counseling, consults regarding advance nutrition support, as well as assist in other areas related to the Food and Nutrition Services Department
Performs essential duties related to one or more of the clinical subspecialties of Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank and Microbiology/Immunology based on shift. Specific skills required for Molecular Pathology, Flow Cytometry and Point of Care job postings. For Customer Service posting, performs essential duties related to reference lab test processing and resulting.
The Graduate Medical Education (GME) Program Administrator supports multiple functions of the GME training programs and serves as the liaison for the external entities by assisting with day-to-day management of resident or fellow training programs within GME. Ability to demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of responsibilities in organizing and independently prioritizing work. Provides a specialized service requiring an understanding of relevant practices, policies, procedures,and compliance oversight.The successful candidate will possess excellent organizational, administrative and writing capabilities. He/she must also exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Expertise in computers and database management is required. He/she will be able to handle confidential information and will exercise good judgement with respect to the generally sensitive nature of material related to residents and students.
Perform various laundry, patient transport, and environmental duties throughout the hospital. Performs specific cleaning duties to maintain a clean and aseptic environment. Transports patients throughout the facility in a professional, courteous and timely manner. Performs laundering and related assignments necessary to the collection, processing and distribution of linen throughout the system. Keeps waiting rooms, lounges, and staff areas tidy. High School diploma or equivalent required.
A nonexempt position responsible for performing a variety of duties in various ambulatory
settings, including primary, multi-specialty, specialty practices.
May be involved in both the clinical and administrative areas including assisting providers
with patient care, and handling clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks.
Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinical
Maintains working knowledge of regulatory standards and is accountable to sustain these
standards in daily operations.
Clinical direction, oversight and competency review is provided by medical providers and
ambulatory professional development team in coordination with office management.