Click Column Header to Sort
The intern will be responsible for successfully completing daily tasks and/or project work assigned by mentor.
- Will complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner while exhibiting the Cooper University Healthcare Core Value qualities.
- Must convey a positive attitude and be self-motivated.
- Must complete and present a brief final report on their key responsibilities and learning’s at final team meeting.
The Registered RN is a professional care-giver who, as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team, assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and who supervises and provides care to these patients utilizing the nursing process including the therapeutic use of self.
- Follows established policies and procedures.
- Communicates openly with internal customers and supervisors.
- Provides excellent customer service interfacing well with all levels of staff, management and physicians.
- Applies Cooper core values.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated timeframe.
- Evaluates patients, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications utilizing the nursing process.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated timeframe. Evaluates patients, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications utilizing the nursing process. Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Graduate of NLN accredited School of Nursing and current NJ-RN License required. Specific shift requirements apply.
This position can work tray line, host/hostess, cafeteria, deli, cashier, salad bar, pizza, etc. Can act as runner and be responsible for restocking and cleanliness.
Responsible for ensuring all stations are ready for operations, including accuracy, speed and having a sense of urgency. This includes setting up next shift for success. Daily cleaning of respective areas and a clean as you go policy to be enforced. Hosts/hostesses are responsible for requesting two patient identifiers (date of birth and full name of patient) and assisting patient with opening items if required. Hosts/hostesses must ensure condiment boxes are restocked, patient delivery carts are sanitized, etc.
COMPLETE ANY OTHER DUTIES/CLEANING AS ASSIGNED
Daily cleaning to include: starter stations, , air- curtain refrigerators, host/hostess carts, ice cream freezers, beverage center and any other areas as deemed necessary in patient services. In the retail areas all set-up and breakdown of stations must be cleaned and sanitized between shifts and fully restocked. Everything must be dated and labeled and temps recorded daily – twice per day.
All staff members may be asked to perform other tasks and/or temporarily re-assigned to other work areas, as business needs require. Break times are subject to change contingent upon business needs.
The Advanced Practice Provider - Nurse Pracitioner or Physician Assistant is a skilled person, qualified academic and clinical education to provide for patient services under the supervision of a staff physician both in a clinical office and operating room environment.
JOB DESCRIPTION- OUTPATIENT /URGENT CARE
Per Diem Urgent Care (APN or PA):
Short Description: Per Diem Urgent Care Position
Cherry Hill, NJ, Audubon, NJ & Cinnaminson, NJ
Description: See Below
- A wonderful opportunity for an experienced Advanced Practice Nurse/Physician Assistant looking to serve patients in a busy urgent care setting.
- Per Diem Commitment: Must commit to two weekend shifts in six weeks
- Shift Type/Hours: Per diem, Monday-Friday 8a-8p or 12-8p; Weekends 9a-5p
- Qualifications include a minimum of 2 years of experience as an APN or Physician Assistant in the urgent care or fast track ED setting.
- Provide care to a variety of common urgent and non-urgent health conditions for all ages. Experience must include ability to independently perform common minor procedures including suturing, draining abscesses, interpreting x-rays, etc.
- Ability to function autonomously, ability to assess acuity of patients, to diagnose and treat common minor illnesses/conditions such as URI, UTI, sprains and strains, back pain, lacerations, abscesses, acute pain conditions, etc.
- Must be board certified and licensed to practice in the state of New Jersey
Clinical application of the knowledge and skill in the following areas: Pharmacology,
principals and application of chemotherapy administration, side effects and appropriate
nursing intervention, chemotherapy, liaison for patients/families receiving treatment.
Evaluates patients in need of intravenous treatment or medication and plans, implements
and documents nursing care.
Determines appropriate venipuncture site and administers intravenous therapeutic
treatments, which includes chemotherapy/biotherapy, blood components, fluid and
electrolyte replacements, and other oncology treatments as prescribed.
Provides information and education to patients and families regarding intravenous
treatment and/or side effect management
Maintains a courteous and professional manner toward all patients.
Performs CAT Scan procedures following protocols established by the Radiologists.
Performs IR procedures such as biopsies and drainages.
Maintenance of equipment/supplies, maintains paperwork associated with job function.
Maintains clean and neat work area.
Participation in clinical activities (i.e. assists with patient flow/care, assists provider, etc.)
Adheres to departmental policies and procedures.
Excellent organizational and communication skills needed to effectively orchestrate daily workflow of patients.
Participates in Departmental On Call and Holiday Requirements.
Patient Navigators provide a single and centralized point of patient access to physician and radiology services across disciplines. This includes Internal and Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Cardiology, OB/GYN, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Gastroenterology, and Pain Management
Patient Navigators thrive on working in a fast paced environment, have a strong ability to multi-task, are technically savvy, service oriented, communicate effectively and consistently display a professional demeanor.
Delivers an exceptional experience to patients, customers and physicians who contact the Access Center by facilitating patient access throughout Cooper’s provider network
Assumes responsibility for record keeping, and intra-departmental and Inter-departmental communications.